Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Cauliflower crust pizza

I have a confession. I hate salad. Not in an I would prefer to eat something else way but in a gag if I have to chew it way. I have tried every kind of lettuce, dressings, you name it; don't like it, never will. This makes diets like South Beach and 17 day diet problematic but not impossible. I need to be creative because seventeen days of chicken for lunch and dinner gets O.L.D. fast !

Enter the cauliflower crust pizza. I have stared at it on my Pinterest board for weeks gathering the courage to make it. Last night I finally did and surprise, it was awesome!

Don't get me wrong the texture is different than a crisp, crusty pizza but the flavor is awesome! A perfect lunchtime meal or even a snack.

Cauliflower crust pizza
Adapted slightly from Eat Drink Smile

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked cauliflower, riced
1 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
2 eggs
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. roasted garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450
- In a food processor, pulse a head of cauliflower until it looks like rice. Be careful not to turn it into a purée.
- In a microwave safe bowl cook cauliflower, covered, for 10 minutes
- Once cooked press water out of cauliflower between two paper towels. The more moisture you can get out the better.
- Measure out 2 cups of cauliflower and set the rest aside (can be refrigerated for several days) and combine with the remaining ingredients
- Use cooking spray to completely coat a baking sheet or aluminum foil covered pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and then add toppings of choice. I just added sauce on top of mine because the crust has so much flavor I felt I didn't need more cheese but I am sure anything you add would be yummy.
- Set broiler to high and cook pizza until cheese is melted.
-Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment