Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chocolate Toffee Crinkle Cookies

I am always on the hunt for the perfect sugar cookie. I have been through countless recipes and while they are all, mostly, delicious I must confess that my family's favorite sugar cookie recipe comes courtesy of Pillsbury. Pillsbury's Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix is simply the best. Every time I make them, use them as the base for decorated cut-out sugar cookies, or fancy them up they are met with rave reviews. I must admit though, it is a little embarrassing when people ask you for the recipe and you direct them to the baking aisle of their local grocery store!

When I found this box of Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix, I knew I had to give it a try. My kiddos are not a big fan of peppermint and I knew I was going to bring these cookies to L's indoor soccer game so I decided to skip the peppermint part of the mix (it comes in a separate package) and instead use Heath toffee bits.

They turned out even better then I could have hoped. The cookies were delicious, and rolling them in powdered sugar before baking help give them that homemade feel without requiring hours in the kitchen.

Now, if I can make sure that Pillsbury continues to make this cookie mix, I will be a happy, happy girl!

Ingredients:
- one box of Pillsbury Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup of Heath Toffee bits
- powdered sugar

Directions:
- pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- follow the cookie recipe on the back of the box
- once combined, add in the toffee bits and stir until fully combined 
- roll the cookie mixture into balls and then roll in powdered sugar
- place on a pam lined baking sheet making sure to leave enough room for the cookies to spread
- bake 8 to 10 minutes. You will know the cookies are ready when the powdered sugar on top begins to "crinkle"
- let cool on a wire rack
ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Girl, I was just getting ready to message or call you for the saltine cookie recipe when I saw your blog.... Kelly

    ReplyDelete